So I went to a little get together lunch with some friends the other day and brought some potato cheese soup. It's a good and easy recipe and pretty much everyone seems to like it. My mom has cooked it for years. So for those of you who requested the recipe, here it is.Two potatoes peeled and diced (1 1/2 -2 cups). Two carrots peeled and sliced (@1 cup). One half onion diced very small. One stalk of celery diced very small
Boil together in 2 quarts of water with 8 cubes of chicken bullion until all veggies are soft. (2o min.)
In anothr pan melt 1 cube of butter on low heat and add 1cup of flour. Whisk together and then slowly add some of the broth from the vegetables a little at a time stirring until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add that to the vegetables and the rest of the broth and stir together. Microwave one can of cheese whiz for about 1 min. and then add to the soup and mix it all together.I usually leave out the celery becasue Greg refuses to eat anything with a hint of green specks in it. Also, the picture is courtesy of Claim Jumper. My presentation has never looked quite that good and I usually don't do toppings, but I'm sure it would be good with them.




5 comments:
Hey Bonnie-
I found your blog thru Lichelle's blog, I hope that's okay. It's fun to see your cute family! Hope all is well with you guys!
Janie(Maughan)Gunnerson
I am so glad you posted that. I am writing it down and I am going to use it this week! Thanks...it was fabulous!
Don't be so modest...that picture is really your creation. I love good recipes...thanks for the post!
I am going to a private blog on Thursday. Leave me a comment with your e-mail if you want an invite to view our blog in the future.
Seriously such great soup... and I am always glad to find something that Annie loves! That is not easy to do :) Thanks for sharing your secret.
Bon- It's Ashley. Your boys are getting so big. I am glad you have a blog so I can check in on you guys once in a while. Our fam's blog is bairdfamilytimes.blogspot.com
Hope all is still going well in Vegas!
Post a Comment